- Murphy declines to run again
- LTISD Budget review time
- Lakeway Tae Kwon Do move to Bee Cave
- Field of Dreams - big news, big questions
- Bee Cave wins Scenic City award
- LRMC launches Project Search
- Masonwood developers asking for water - again?
- Spicewood Arts Society Finds New Home
- New massage location
- Sales Tax Holiday Aug 5-7
- Nine month City numbers
- New donut shop for Bee Cave
- Chase closing HEB branch
- First half 2016 house sales stats
- WTCPUA in water boil alarm
Search Bee Cave
in Bee Cave TX 78738
Bee Cave Weather
After a standing room only meeting in Bee Cave last week to discuss the new LCRA rate structure, State Senator Troy Fraser laid into the Board accusing them of mismanaging water resources and raising rates to pay for their mistakes.
He claims - among other things - that in 2011 they released over 450,000 acre feet of water to downstream irrigation customers at just dollars per acre foot.
The loss of water, which represented almost 1/3 of the LCRA's total capacity, is the under-pricing of our current water crisis according to the senator.
In addition, the water could have been sold to upstream customers for over $117mm.
Finally he claims they will not allow him to audit their books for the period.