- BC Library wins state grant
- Lions Club event
- 2016 Teachers of the Year announced
- Raising Cane's coming to Lakeway
- Springfest April 30th at HCG
- Wells Fargo gives away a horse
- BCE Night in Old Bee Cave
- Royal Tea Party
- New LTHS principal named
- Shops at the Galleria sold
- LRMC to trial new spinal surgery system
- TexARTS Announces Spring Youth Productions
- Pedernales drops electricity rates
- LT reads HW Brands
- Hudson's changes hands
Search Bee Cave
in Bee Cave TX 78738
Bee Cave Weather
After a standing room only meeting in Bee Cave last week to discuss the new LCRA rate structure, State Senator Troy Fraser laid into the Board accusing them of mismanaging water resources and raising rates to pay for their mistakes.
He claims - among other things - that in 2011 they released over 450,000 acre feet of water to downstream irrigation customers at just dollars per acre foot.
The loss of water, which represented almost 1/3 of the LCRA's total capacity, is the under-pricing of our current water crisis according to the senator.
In addition, the water could have been sold to upstream customers for over $117mm.
Finally he claims they will not allow him to audit their books for the period.