- LRMC adds Family Practice
- Sales Tax on the move as Lakeway grows retail
- Terrace revamp stumbles at Council
- HCG central area redesign approved
- Bee Cave Iron Cactus shuts its doors for good
- Controversy over Graduation at LTHS
- TexARTS announce Sinatra show team
- Highland Lakes closures - Updated
- LTISD Tax Rate stays same despite budget complications
- Library Summer Reading Program
- Rain and more rain
- Card skimmers hit Highway 71 gas stations
- LRMC gets new imaging system
- TexARTS Schedule
- City to fix Homestead flood zone?
Search Bee Cave
in Bee Cave TX 78738
Bee Cave Weather
After a standing room only meeting in Bee Cave last week to discuss the new LCRA rate structure, State Senator Troy Fraser laid into the Board accusing them of mismanaging water resources and raising rates to pay for their mistakes.
He claims - among other things - that in 2011 they released over 450,000 acre feet of water to downstream irrigation customers at just dollars per acre foot.
The loss of water, which represented almost 1/3 of the LCRA's total capacity, is the under-pricing of our current water crisis according to the senator.
In addition, the water could have been sold to upstream customers for over $117mm.
Finally he claims they will not allow him to audit their books for the period.