The newest member of the City Council, Marie Lowman, is the third person to announce their candidcay for City Council in the May election.
Here is a brief statement that accomanied her announcement:
"While my time on the council thus far has been only a short 7 months, I believe this currently seeded council has made significant progress in addressing significant challenges/opportunities the City is facing. Key accomplishments in this very short time frame include:
- Secured consensus amongst council for the establishment of a comprehensive connectivity plan
- Significantly controlled development, securing a far better product than previously allowed for The Backyard and The Terraces
- Considerable traffic mitigation discussions included as part of every development presentation
- Excellent communication channels established with TxDoT
- Incredibly representative council make-up"