Bee Cave Public Library offers a wide variety of programming for families, teens and adults. All events are free and open to the public, although some are better suited for the ages specified. For detailed information about specific events, call the library at 512.767.6620, or visit www.beecavetexas.gov.
- Teen Advisory Board Meeting & Service Project Saturday, December 3, 2-5 p.m. Meet at the Library from 2-3:30 for TAB meeting and to make holiday cards and decorations for Grace House (snack provided, of course!). At 4 p.m., meet at Grace House to deliver the cards and deck the halls. Earn service hours and spread holiday cheer—what could be better?
- Baby Bumblebees December 9 and 23, 10:30 a.m. Baby storytime every second and fourth Tuesday. Stories, rhymes and songs for ages 0-18 months.
- Preschool Pals Every Thursday at 10:30 & 11:15 a.m. Storytime with Ms. Laurie and the Bee for ages 3-5.
- Toddler Tales Every Friday at 10:30 & 11:15 a.m. Storytime with Ms. Laurie and the Bee for ages 1-1/2 to 3.
- E-Reader Open House Saturday, December 13 and each Wednesday in December from 10 am to Noon. Get one-on-one help learning to download ebooks, audiobooks and digital magazines. Bring your device! Tutorial help also available by appointment by calling 512.767.6620.
- Bee Cave Book Club Thursday, December 11, 7-8 p.m. Join us for the final meeting of the book club for 2014 to discuss The Supremes at Earl’s All-You-Can-Eat, by Edward Kelsey Moore. New members are always welcome, even if you haven’t read the book. The January 8 meeting will feature the John Steinbeck classic, East of Eden. To see all of the 2015 selections, visit the library website.
- Lake Travis Fiction Writers Tuesday, December 16, 7-9 p.m. at the Old Bee Cave School House.
- Whether you’re a seasoned novelist or working on your first short story, find support and receive feedback from other area writers.
- Chess Club Wednesday, December 17, 5-6 p.m. For all skill levels, including novices, ages 6 and up.
The Library will be closed Wednesday-Saturday, December 24-27. Regular hours resume at 10 am on Tuesday, December 30. The library will close at 5 p.m. on New Year’s Eve and be closed New Year’s Day. The outdoor book returns will be available throughout the holidays for the return of library material. What’s for Lunch?
Wednesday, January 7, 12-1 p.m. “Healthy Habits” with Elena Sprick from Whole Foods Market. Lunch provided ($5 donation welcome) or bring your own. No reservations necessary. Join us for an interesting topic on the first Wednesday of each month. Sponsored by the Friends of Bee Cave Public Library.
Bee Cave Public Library is located in the Hill Country Galleria, at the intersection of Highway 71, Ranch Road 620 and Bee Cave Road (FM 2244).